Blood droplets from my dogs penis

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blood droplets from my dogs penis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Health
::  
anthonyhague

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Blood droplets from my dogs penis Reply with quote

My toy poodle Max has just got over a scratching issue and this morning I see a few drops of blood on his pillow, a few more where he jumped off the bed but by the time he had walked down the stairs it had stopped. Were at the vets now.

Im praying he has just scratched the inside of his penis, google says it can happen. His vitality is 100% and it hasn't bothered him at all, but I'm sick with worry.

Ill let you know what they say...
anthonyhague

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a bad bladder infection with a fever. IMO thats good news because we have got the medicine to cure it now, antibiotics, anti-inflmatry and some other pills are coming on tuesday that they didn't have in stock.

The pills are big so I dip them in honey and he just swallows them, he thinks pill time is a treat now Smile
Nee

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor little Max has been through the wars lately. As you say, its good to know what is wrong with him so you can now treat it. I hope he gets better soon!
anthonyhague

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Thanks for the nice message Smile

Max is normally a bit of a wimp, yet he showed no signs of the infection until today, I'm hoping it came on fast then.

Signs to look for are dark urine, going more frequent and going in different or unusual locations. I must admit i thought it strange when he went on a pavement 2 days ago, he normally like grass.
Coco86

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update on Max, I hope he feels better soon! And thanks for posting the symptoms of a bladder infection. I didn't know what to look for in dogs, but it's an important thing to know and watch for.
Kasst157

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Max. I hope he's all good now. How's his itchy skin? Is it getting any better?
deeanjo

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it is nothing more serious. I think peanut butter may be a better option than honey, though. Or get some Pill Wrap for next. It is inexpensive on Amazon.

Virangos

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get better quick Max

In dog Years I/m Dead

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: