Red Hair Dyes/Enhancing

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Hair Dyes/Enhancing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
Afarin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Red Hair Dyes/Enhancing Reply with quote

Hey guys!

I was interested in seeing what you guys knew about shampoos/hair dyes that I can use on Eden to enhance her red -- it's quite faded now and I was looking at a few options but didn't know what would be best.

I saw Chris Christensen has the Red on Red shampoo, has anyone had experience using that? I would think to get the kind of red I want, it would have to come from something that would actually deposit color besides just "brightening" or whatever.

I'd love to hear from anyone with some experience. It's hard to even find any photos on poodles with red hair dyes/enhancements to see a before and after.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really tried colour enhancing shampoos before. I did get a sample of a brand (can't recall which) but didn't see any results as expected though coz it was only a small sample pack which lasted 2 washes. CC is a good brand though.

She is adorable Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha thank you

I was thinking about buying those traditional dog dye gels in the dark red color, and then taking a small amount and diluting with water and putting it on her -- I think that might do the trick. If I do I will report back with pictures, hahaha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought a few CC products and got a free gift from them. It was the whitening shampoo. I don't think it works. I use it on my white/apricot girl. She has some tear stains and I only use it on her face. Plus you have to leave it in for 10 minutes before washing. She's always shaking because she's cold when I have to wait 2-3 minutes after I use Thick N Thicker product. So 10 minutes on the whole body would be hard. I thought about buying the red shampoo for my red boy but figured since the white didn't really work that the red probably wouldn't either.

If you happen to try it please let us know if it works
Afarin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do! I think "whitening" products (asides from your product) have more of a chance of working/seeing real results. I know just from my own experience there are whitening shampoos I've used on my old white shihtzu that really did make him much whiter looking.

"Red enhancing" shampoos seem to be much harder to actually achieve! I will definetly update on my experience here when I go through with it! Razz

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wondered the same thing, since Zeus has really lost his red. It would be nice to bring some of it back. But I don't know if a product would really do that. Not sure if it is the same, but speaking as a red head, I know that a lot of bottled products just don't work well with red hair. And the bottled colors are never the colors that you are looking for Sad
But yes if you try something I would love to hear your results.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: