any ideas?

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any ideas?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
goldie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: any ideas? Reply with quote

Im gonna take Sissy for her first big groom this weekend, and I have no clue what cut to get. She still has the long baby hair and only a few curly spots of hair. So far my idea is like Sashas cut. ( hope that's ok Gina). Not sure if I should leave her fluffy by her feet or not. Gosh Im so confused...LOL...Help. Ive googled poodle cuts, but there are way too many crazy cuts on there...lol
Kasst157

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sasha's cut is very cute and easy to take care of. The poms on her feet will require brushing especially if she's going out and playing in the snow. But you won't have to brush her shorter body as often. And you can go with a shaved feet for a cleaner look and easier to wipe after the rain or mud. Please post pics of Sissy after the groom. I bet she will look so cute and lady like.
Kasst157

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: any ideas? Reply with quote

goldie wrote:
So far my idea is like Sashas cut. ( hope that's ok Gina).

I steal people's cuts all the time and sometimes combine them for a different look. Lol
goldie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will do that, but I think because her leg hair isnt as long as Sashas I will just have them leave a tiny bit there to show she is a girly girl...lol
Kasst157

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldie wrote:
I think I will do that, but I think because her leg hair isnt as long as Sashas I will just have them leave a tiny bit there to show she is a girly girl...lol

Yes I like the poms there too. Makes them look stylish. Haha
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to Sasha's previous cut which the legs were shaved same length as her body but with pom poms at the end of each leg or the current cut where the legs are left fluffy like bell bottom style? Here are pics of 2 different types of legs:

In both styles her feet are actually shaved underneath even though you can't see them. I like to have her feet shaved but don't show that they're shaved haha.....the first pic is actually called Miami clip where body and legs are short but with pom poms. Second pic is I dunno what it's called but you see this type of style on a lot of Japanese grooming with the bell bottom legs. With this style you need to brush more but with the first one you only need to brush her pom poms and top knot and ears.

And yes don't worry about copying or not copying I too got this idea from pics I saw over the internet. I cannot wait to see Sissy after her groom!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the top photo, thats what im thinking of going with...all of yalls babies are cut so cute, thats why its hard to decide what to get. So if I say Miami cut the groomer should know what Im talking about..LOL
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm pretty sure the groomer would know what a Miami is....some call it a bikini clip but I think Miami is a more common term. If you want to maintain her topknot long and band it you should also mention this to the groomer since usually the Miami clip comes with a normal topknot. If you google Miami clip you can find more sample pics from different angles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have to let her top hair grow out a bit, I trimmed it a little before her surgery so it wouldnt be in her face. I think they can still get a little bow in there though..lol I want to make sure people know shes a little girl. Plus its fun to have her all girly, I have two human boys and buddy was a boy. So she is my first daughter...LOL I called the groomer and they said they know what that cut is. Ill bring a picture to make sure we are on the same page though..she goes tomorrow at 230, cant wait.
goldie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sissys groom is done, Im happy with it, tried to get her a bit like Sasha's groom. Sissy leg hair wasnt as thick so hers turned out a little thinner but they seem to start the bracelets up higher for some reason. Also I need to let the top of her hair grow out a little more on her head. I cant get a really good pic yet, She is mad at me. Poor thing. Ill try to post better ones later. Overall Im excited about her groom..she looks like a young lady now...LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: