How much does your poodle sleep?

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much does your poodle sleep?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> General Poodle
::  
Kasst157

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: How much does your poodle sleep? Reply with quote

I was wondering how much your poodles sleep? Both of my toy poodles sleeps a lot. Is that normal? They sleep about 8-9 hours at night then nap throughout the day. They take 1/2 to 2 hour naps here and there.
Coco86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My three are about the same as yours. They sleep for around nine or ten hours at night, and since we go to bed late around 2 am, we get up at noon. Laughing

They also take short naps throughout the day if we're home, but if we all go into town and leave them home, they sleep in their kennels while we're gone. Sunny gets a little cranky if he doesn't get his nap every day. So I think it's normal that they sleep a lot. I read somewhere that a dog needs 12 hours of sleep a day!
goldie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sissy is on about the same schedule. I stay up later watching tv, and she is usually laying by me but not really asleep. Then hubby gets her up around 5am to go potty, then she comes back to bed with me til around 8 maybe 9 if Im lucky...lol
She takes tiny naps during the day and likes me to lay down with her, but if you move she is wide awake...
acgilbertson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine sleep a lot too. And I think that that is pretty normal. I read somewhere that because dogs (and most other animals) walk on four legs, it takes twice as much energy to get around. Which is why they need more sleep, to store more energy.
After reading that and then seeing how much they run around when they are awake, it makes sense to me.

Virangos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine all sleep alot. 10 Hours at night and god knows when I'm at work.
Cats sleep around 18 hours a day. I can't imagin our babies sleeping to much less, unless your home playing with them.

In dog Years I/m Dead

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here....if they hv nothing to do they sleep. Dogs hv good lives I always say....eat sleep play and poop Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old topic, but I was wondering about something. How long should a dog be safely able to hold their pee at night? I was wondering if they hold for too long, if it causes kidney or bladder problems. Ours are sleeping seven hours before they get up to potty.
Virangos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think 7 hours is to bad. I'm no vet but mine at night don't go for around 9 hours. I haven't noticed any problems other then them jumping up and down on one leg when I get up. Lol
Not making light of your question but I think that's quite normal.
Sometimes I'm gone 12 hours or more during the day so I have messes to clean up when I get home but I think for that long a time it's pretty normal too.

In dog Years I/m Dead

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coco86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Virangos! I guess that means I can get a little more sleep. We got a new little boy Mini poodle puppy on Ocotber 17th, he turned four months old on the 29th. He sleeps all night in his crate in my room, and potty training is going awesome.
mom2seven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much, I think only when we are not home. She dozes from 9pm on and goes to bed between ten and eleven.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> General Poodle All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: