Importance of Color When Considering Personality?

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Importance of Color When Considering Personality?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> General Poodle
::  
highhorse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Colour/personality Reply with quote

Hi

I'm looking to breed off my little girl when she has her third season, so have been looking into colour/genetics etc. A very much respected professor at one of the Candian Universities has looked into the colour/personality tie up and has come up with a totally negative correlation. However, my friend has a brown poodle and was told they were very destructive - she was. I think, like a few people who have posted, it is just an individual dog's personality.
benniesmom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate's are highly sought after they are beautiful.

MaryChristine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color has nothing to do with personality. Breeding has to do with the temperament of a dog. I think the fact that you have found a reputable breeder with outstanding credentials and references should speak for itself. Good luck.
poodlema

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way poodle's coats can change color, does the personality change with it, my black and whits parti is now silver and white, my red one is more apricot, and I wouldn't be surprised if my brown one turns cafe au lait.
Roca-brown
Kasst157

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's so interesting and cool that poodles hair changes color. My Miu Miu seems to be getting darker. She turning apricot. My Gucci is a very pretty red (in my opinion but then doesn't all moms think their kids are pretty LOL) but he's turning a bit little lighter. I really wished Miu Miu would turn whiter and Gucci a deeper red but it seems like the other way around.
acgilbertson

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that their personalities change when their hair color changes. My Zeus was a dark red when we got him and now he is a light red, his white markings have darkened too. But his personality has never changed. He is still my little baby, has to be near his Mama all the time.
Zoey's personality has changed as she has matured and grown. She has to be right in the middle of things now, she has to be the first to meet people when they come over and she has to bark at the wildlife outside. She was so quite when we first got her, and now she is a wild women, LOL.
I think boys and girls have more of a personality difference then what color they are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> General Poodle All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: