Cancer diagnosis

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cancer diagnosis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Health
::  
ShadowsMom

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Cancer diagnosis Reply with quote

My precious Shadow who has been a joy to our lives for 11 years has lung cancer, just yesterday she was diagonsed after going from 7 lbs to 6 1/2 lbs in one week, now she refuses to eat but will still drink water. [/iC:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Anniversary\Shadow n blanket_0488.jpgmg]
Kasst157

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this. You must be going thru a lot right now. We are all here for you if you need to talk
Coco86

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to hear about Shadow. That is devastating news. Like Kass said, we are here if you ever need to talk.
ShadowsMom

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies. I had our Vet write a script for liquid pain meds at a compounding pharmacy. We are trying to keep her free of pain, but her breathing gets labored at times, especially after I take her out to go.
Kasst157

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I believe the best thing now is to keep her pain free and as comfortable as possible. It's so hard to watch our babies suffer. I hope the pain meds works and she can have a longer time with you.
ShadowsMom

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow passed away this morning in our arms. She had a good day yesterday, we took her or a long ride in the car. She ate almost a whole jar of Gerber Turkey with gravy and had some ice cream last night. We will miss her forever.
Kasst157

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so so sorry to hear this. But take comfort knowing that she is pain free now and running around in heaven. It must have been much easier on Shadow to have been able to pass in your arms where she felt secure, safe, and warm.

Please do continue to come back to the forum.
Coco86

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear of Shadow's passing. Your baby is no longer in pain, and she will be waiting to meet you again one day. I truly believe that. Passing in your arms must have been very comforting to her, knowing she was with those who loved and cared for her. You gave her a good life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: