Itching after a bath

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Itching after a bath
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
anthonyhague

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came back...

So about 2 days after the Epsom Salts bath, 1am Sunday morning and Max starts scratching his tummy. His skin was looking pinker so with it being late I covered his tummy in Tea Tree Oil, which stopped the itching instantly but he stink's of tea tree oil now Rolling Eyes plus this problem might be 'on going'.

The plan is:- Epsom Salt bath tomorrow then wait for that medicated shampoo to arrive.
anthonyhague

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxi seems very happy now, here he is with the girls, they've put a glow stick collar on him, just for fun.

[/img]
Kasst157

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did u get the medicated shampoo?
anthonyhague

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that arrived a day or two ago, it didn't give any impressive effects, I think the epsom salts already did that. But the shampoo was not like normal human stuff, it was fragrance free and seemed to have very little lathering to it.

What ever it was that caused this issue, hopefully its gone but ill be better able to help next time.

Kind Regards
ant...
Kasst157

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read somewhere that human shampoo is harsher than the doggie shampoos. Maybe that was what was causing it. Or the fragrance in it. Hopefully this solves the problem. If not you can also try doggie shampoo and conditioner with oatmeal in it. That helps too. I used those when they were young pups
deeanjo

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to remember Epsom salt!
I don't have a recommendation other than to definitely NOT use a human shampoo. The pH level is way different. I'm sure if you Google you can find a better explanation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: