poodle Playtime!

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

poodle Playtime!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Toy Poodle Pictures
::  
Coco86

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: poodle Playtime! Reply with quote

Here are some of the latest videos I recorded of Rosie, Sunny, and Sadie. Very Happy I use my iPod Touch to record, since I don't have a camcorder, so I hope they turned out okay!

http://youtu.be/V0y1jbGvaFI

http://youtu.be/nG20Vnntfw8

http://youtu.be/WcsBaBQxWGw

http://youtu.be/wyoHS9aVX1E

Also, here is a video my niece recorded two years ago, when Rosie was around eight months old, and Sunny was about four months old. I wish I knew how to burn this onto a DVD, since she no longer has the copy of the video on her old phone.

http://youtu.be/xx_Oj2-lAEk
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the videos Very Happy Can't believe they hv so many toys!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't believe the amount of toys these guys have. Four laundry baskets full, plus at least seven small storage baskets. We donate the ones they no longer play with to the animal shelter.

Just the other day we gave four grocery bags full to my niece for her new dog Lyka. She loves her 'new' toys! Our three take very good care of their toys, and have had some of them since they were puppies. We have to sew some of them up occasionally when they tear them while playing tug with each other. They refuse to play with the hard rubber or plastic toys, so we don't buy them. Sunny loves sqeakers in his toys, Rosie loves jingly balls tied up in socks, and Sadie likes anything she can toss around by herself.

Having these toys has kept them from getting into mischief. They won't steal our socks, since they have their own. They don't chew up shoes or anything else in the house. And they know what stuff is theirs, it's so cute. Very Happy We rotate their toy supply every few months, and Sunny acts like the toys are brand new. Laughing
Kasst157

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I miss this thread? I love all the videos. The one with Rosie carrying her doll house is so cute. 3 poodles looks a lot more fun than just 2. I love how poodles rough play then can settle down really quickly and come cuddle with you.
kathy09

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the video's I really hope to get a white toy poodle in the near furture your poodles are very pretty.
Coco86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Kass and Cathy! Three poodles are definitely fun to watch when they all get playing and running around. Sometimes it can seem overwhelming when getting them all ready to go into town, but with my mom, dad, and me, there's one person for each poodle so it goes fairly smoothly. We don't take them into town all at once when there are only two people available.
Kasst157

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ques about having 3 poodles. Do they tend to leave one out? Like 2 are best friends and leave the other one out? 2 sleep and cuddle together without the 3rd one?
Kasst157

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes me a long time just to get 2 ready for playtime in the back yard. Putting on their clothes then their boots. Then put on my clothes and shoes. Then of course I have to grab the camera. Lol
Coco86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunny and Rosie play together a lot and leave Sadie out most of the time. She is able to join them when they're wrestling or chasing eachother, but when Rosie and Sunny are playing they tend to ignore her and she goes off and plays on her own.

Rosie and Sunny grew up together basically as puppies, since Rosie was six months old when we got Sunny, who was nine weeks. That was in 2009. We adopted Sadie from the humane society in May 2011 when she was already a little older, probably between eight months to a year old.

Sunny used to attack Sadie a lot in the first year after we got her. We couldn't have them next to each other when giving them treats or food because Sunny would lunge at Sadie growling, and actually tried to grab her face thinking she was going to take his food. We talked to some trainers and the vet and got some pointers on what to do about that and the fights slowly happened less and less. They went from once a week to once every few months, and now they don't happen anymore. I had to leash him up when they got their evening meal, just to make sure he wouldn't try to get Sadie if she came near his food. This fall I decided to try not leashing him at all, and he leaves Sadie alone! He stays in his place and she stays in hers when they eat treats and food.

He still has a problem with her sleeping in my bed when he's in it too, but even that has gotten better, if they ignore each other and just sleep. I avoid putting all three of them in my bed anyway because I have a twin bed and it doesn't leave much room Laughing Sunny sleeps in his kennel at night, Sadie has her own toddler daybed, and Rosie sleeps with me.

Sadie and Sunny will probably never be very close, but they do play together on occasion, and the fights have stopped. I think he eventually learned that she wasn't going anywhere, and he would have to get used to her. I think it was major jealousy because he wasn't the 'youngest' anymore. I think Sadie is at least a year younger than the other two, or their same age. But Sunny was the spoiled baby of the family until we got Sadie, who loves food and attention just as much as he does.

Rosie and Sunny are best friends though. They will sleep together, play together, and Rosie is like a mother hen to Sunny and Sadie. She likes to boss them around.

And when we take them into town...all we have to say is "Want to go Bye Bye?" and Sunny goes CRAZY. He starts running around the house and grabbing toys. We learned to avoid saying the words 'Bye Bye' if we don't plan on taking them in town with us...because they know what it means!
Virangos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the videos especially the house.
I have 3 poos and a Yorkie Shi Poo mix.
They all get along and cuddle together. You tend to learn fast
how to pet 3 with one hand and the other one with the other hand.
Poodles are like chips, you can't have just one.

2 really aren't much more work than one and 3 or more really aren't more trouble, just more lovin.

In dog Years I/m Dead

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Toy Poodle Pictures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: