Black poodle hair

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black poodle hair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
CharlesBarkley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Black poodle hair Reply with quote

So I took Charles for his first professional groom and the groomer asked me if I was aware that black puppies can become more silver/grey as they get older.

I have seen silver/grey adult toy poodles but never a silver/grey puppy, is it common that this occurs as they get older?

How would I know if Charles' hair is going to change colour as he gets older, does it have anything to do with the parents colouring?

Charles' mum was pure black and she was 2 and a half years old but his dad was white (2 years old), it would be interesting to know how it works.

Thanks Smile
corbinsmommy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Normally you can tell a silver/grey adult poodle from their coloring as a puppy. The puppy tends to have a more silver completion on their face when shaved down. I have a black toy poodle and his parents were both apricot with black colored poodles in the lineage. Unless your poodle has a grey/silver lineage, I don't think your puppy will become grey/silver. You should also ask the breeder you got him from of his/her liter histories. Hope this helps. Smile

Here is a picture of a black puppy who will turn into a grey/silver adult.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: