Good blow dryer?

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good blow dryer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
Kasst157

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Good blow dryer? Reply with quote

I bathe my 2 toy poodles once a week. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a blow dryer. My Miu Miu has very soft and long pretty hair. But it takes so long to dry. Thanks
Afarin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ordering this (http://www.petedge.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=43046&categoryId=191&parentCategoryId=190&productVariantId=116851&qty=1&itemGUID=c55f0049c0a86e6501042c254bb324c5&shipTo=Me-v7l2r6&shipToZip=v7l2r6) dryer for Eden -- I like that it's small and the speed will probably cut down just from the different style used (pet dryers = better imo). Plus it's pretty cheap considering the regular sized pet dryers, so hopefully it'll work out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have a proper pet dryer but unfortunately I'm using my own hair dryer to dry them Laughing I don't have a stand for it too so it's a bit challenging coz I only have 1 free hand for brushing and combing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol me too, I'm always paranoid about accidentally burning her or something (I'm really the over-involved new parent with her!). I like the natural air aspect of the pet dryer. We'll see!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please let me know if that dryer works? I am using my regular human dryer as well. The one that my groomer recommended was $299. I thought that was pricey so never looked into anything else. Thanks.
Afarin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do! Yeah, the price of the mini was reasonable enough for me to try it.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted... Sad

We use the Metro Air Force Commander and it has served us well for the last 9 years... The air stays at a warm temp (never hot) no matter how long you use it and has 2 speeds. It is a bit loud, but that has never been a problem with either of our toys. I have found that the only way to get that puffy and smooth hair look is by using one of these dryers (human hair dryers just don't cut it). This is the one we use:

http://www.petedge.com/product/Grooming/Grooming-Equipment/Dryers/Metro-Air-Force-Commander-2-Speed-pet-Dryers/pc/190/c/191/sc/263/43052.uts

Hope this helps... Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stand dryer will work best leaving both hands free to comb and brush out your babies.
My question is why do you bathe them once a week? Are they dirty?
The natural oils in their skin is good for their coats, bathing to much removes the oill.

In dog Years I/m Dead

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasst157

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sleep in bed with us that's why I bathe them so often. I've been lazy and pushing it to 10-14 days recently. Gucci's skin use to be dry and flaky after bathing. I switched to CC shampoo, thick n thicker, and ice on ice. There is no more dryness and no more flakes. Their coats are very soft and pretty. I also brought some fish oil for them but they both hate it. I used a syringe to give it to them but Miu Miu would sneak downstairs to the basement and throw it up so I stopped giving it to them. Plus their mouths smells fishy afterwards and they both love to give me kisses. They go straight for my lips. Lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: