Tearing Problem Under Control Thank You All!

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tearing Problem Under Control Thank You All!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow you're so lucky she loves it...good girl Gigi! I'm not sure about others but mine took close to 2 weeks before I saw improvements on her.
sandooch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm anxious to see if it works! Thanks.

Gigi-The toy who grew into a Mini! ツ
Kasst157

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try this too. My Gucci gets tears running down his face when he gets excited but since he's red it doesnt look like it's staining. Miu Miu on the other hand is white and the tears stains are so obvious. I wipe her face once to twice a day but it doesnt seem to be helping. It's staining her white face brownish and I think it smells a little too. She gets a bath once a week, but the stains are still bad. I hope the apple cider vinegar works.
Kasst157

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miu Miu's tear stains r getting worst, but it doesn't smell anymore. She and Gucci have been on apple cider vinegar for awhile now. Should I continue that or should I stop giving it to them since Miu Miu's tears don't smell anymore?

What to do with those stains. I wipe her face everyday and trim off the stained area.
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stopped giving ACV ever since Belle joined us because she refused to drink it no matter how little I put. I'm afraid I don't know how to get rid of stains, thank goodness Sasha doesn't really have any even though she does tear at certain times, like when she's excited or playing, or when her hair starts getting into her eyes. When I see her tearing I wipe them off. Have you tried any of those tear stains removers? Not sure how effective they are.

As for ACV, it is something good to add to their diet since it does help to build their immune system. I would love to be able to give them....maybe I'll try again in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jack-a-poo. I'll continue to give it to them. I was just worried whether its good for long time use. But since it's good for their immune system I'll definitely keep giving it to them. As for the tear stain I heard there's a product called tear lax. I might give that a try. Suppose to be all natural. I don't like the sound of angel eyes cuz its an antibotic. And from reviews it seems like the stains start up again once you stop using it. I don't think long term antibotics would be good.

Gucci also tears when he's playing but he doesn't have any stains. Maybe his red color hides the staining. But Miu Miu face has brownish stains running down both sides of her eyes.
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in favour of Angel Eyes too....antibiotics are uneccessary, more so for cosmetic purposes. Belle tears more than Sasha and I'm pretty sure if she was light in colour I would see bad stains on her face. Constant wiping and close shave will help I think. Some people say adding parsely to their food helps a bit....you can give it a shot and see if that works.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeus' tearing almost cleared up when he was a year old, I'm hoping that Zoey's will do the same thing. We will see. I hope that it does.

LoveMyToys

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been 4+ years since we have had any issues with tear stains in either of our toys. Back in the day, I tried all of the different remedies to include Angel Eyes (IMHO, rubbish), ACV added to their water, consulting an eye spec., filtered water, more sunshine, etc...

What finally solved it for us? A change in diet and exercise. We make sure to walk them and play ball at least twice a day (15-20 minutes of activity/session). And we found our "miracle" food in Natura EVO Turkey & Chicken Formula small bites. Over the course of a couple of years, we tried the different "recommended" brands. We found that not only did the EVO T&C clear up our staining issues, their allergies also went away. We supplement the EVO T&C with blanched vegetables, vitamins, and healthy treats.

***Note, our puppies are 2 years apart so I doubt they both miraculously grew out of tearing and allergies at the same time. Also, it wasn't the location as the first 2 and a half years were at our old house and the last 1 and a half years have been at our new home on the other side of town.***

Disclaimer: I don't know if this would work for others, but it can't hurt to try. The only con to this food is it pretty expensive...

Look Dad, no stains (Yes, I know she needs to be brushed. I tried to find a "dirty" pic of her)... Hope this helps. =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: