grooming

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

grooming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
gagal40

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: grooming Reply with quote

what is the blade # that comes on the shavers, such as Andis etc. I didn't know you could buy different size blades...I only thought you could buy different size combs to control the legth of the cut.

My little 4lb poodle is 12 yrs old now...His hair is not curly anymore...as it grows out it is straight...it might curl if I cut it shorter...don't know.
what is the proper blade and comb for a regular puppy cut on a poodle?
thanks so much.
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about other brands of clippers but Andis comes with #10 blade and yes you can buy other size blades. I heard the attachment combs are not very nice to use, they don't give a nice finish compare to an actual blade but that's what I heard anyway never tried them.

You can have a look at this blade chart, it tells you the size of the blades and what length for each size you can expect from it.

http://progroom.com/catalog/ClipperBladeUsageGuide_pop.php

I clip mine very short on the body so I use a 5FC. If you want a more fluffy look you can try a 3 3/4FC which will give you about 1/2 inch of length.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered a wahl pro set...I hope this is a good set...I have been thru some and I just don't know which is the best.
I usually clip my poodle close, but he is older and his hair is not as thick as it used to be....any suggestions. I can't afford to pay someone to do my grooming anymore as I am 71 and live on SS, so any suggestions I can aget from someone in the know will be most appreciated.
thanks so much!
gagal40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: grooming Reply with quote

do you have to use a comb or a guard on the clippers, when you use a #10 or a 5F....I am trying to groom my poodle and yorkie but don't want to do something wrong....I've never know if it was safe to just use a clipper blade all by itself? thanks for any replies.
Jack-A-Poo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you don't hv to use any guard it's safe to use on its on, just make sure the blade lays flat on the surface where you're clipping. You need to also try and gently push the skin area firm and tight while you're clipping and be careful on those areas where they have excess skin like the chin or lips. Also check your blades every now and then to make sure they're not too hot or you may burn the skin. If it gets too hot you'll need to stop for awhile and maybe work on other areas while that blade cools down. You can go to you tube and look at some of the videos on how they do it those videos pretty helpful. I learnt a lot from there too Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: grooming poodles Reply with quote

thanks so much for the infor.
jeeven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Tips For Skin care... Reply with quote

Ther are many tips for dry skin here i am sharing one of them. Mix lemon juice and egg yollk and add some quantity of olive oil make a paste. Apply the paste on the face for 15 minutes and wash off. This works wonders on dry skin.Lemon juice is a wonderful thing for skin you can also use lemon juice twice in a week. Take a piece of pumpkin mash it properly and then add egg yoly and some milk in it apply this mask on your face for 30 minutes and wash off with fresh water. This mask give a wonderful glow to your skin.
In these days nail tech become very popular everyone want to know about nails more and more. I am also interested in this art and want to know whats steps should be require for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: